Hillmont Partners is to Host an Online Business Discussion “Protecting Your Investments: Options for Investors in the Renewable Energy Sector”
On 24 June 2020, Hillmont Partners and Squire Patton Boggs, supported by Energy Club and A7 Capital, will hold a special online session to address the key practical aspects of existent legal remedies to protect investors’ rights.
The discussion will cover:
Recent legislative developments impacting investments in the renewable energy sector, and what we ought to expect next.
- Remedies available to investors under the Energy Charter Treaty (ECT) and Bilateral Investment Treaties (BITs).
- Who qualifies for protection?
- Changing the ownership structure in order to qualify for investment arbitration.
- Differences between protection of rights in investment arbitration against the Ukrainian Government and in the International Court of Arbitration in Paris against SE “Guaranteed Buyer” (offtaker).
- What damages may be claimed?
- Opportunities to use special funds to finance arbitration costs.
- Collective redress.
- Recognition, enforcement and payment of an arbitral award.
- Remedies under Ukrainian law.
The findings of the Ukraine RES Market Survey, conducted in partnership with Energy Club and A7 Capital, will be presented during the session.
Our panel of speakers includes experienced experts from the renewable energy sector and international arbitration:
- Jose Feris, Squire Patton Boggs, Paris, partner in the International Dispute Resolution Practice Group specializing in international commercial arbitration, public international law and investment arbitration.
- John Branson, Squire Patton Boggs, New York, partner in the International Dispute Resolution Practice Group advising on complex, high-value cases with a focus on commercial and investment arbitrations.
- Tetiana Mylenka, LL.M, Hillmont Partners, counsel and head of the energy practice.
- Bohdan Novyk, Hillmont Partners, lawyer.
Date: Wednesday, 24 June 2020
Timings: 3pm CET / 4pm EEST (Kyiv time)
Cost: Free of charge
Working language: English (translation will not be provided)